Windy City Water Polo
Curie High School, Chicago, IL
- Head Boys Varsity Water Polo Coach (Head Girls and/or Boys Varsity Swim Coach Positions are also vacant and may be filled by the water polo coach)
- Season Dates: February 25, 2019 – May 18, 2019
- Stipend: $5,242.00
- Required Certifications:
- American Red Cross Water Safety Instruction (WSI)
- Illinois State Board of Education Certificate OR Completion of the 3 ASEP Courses required by the IHSA.
- Hold a current and valid Teaching, Substitute Teaching, School Administrator, School Psychologist, School Counselor or School Social Worker Certificate issued by the Illinois State Board of Education.
- A candidate without an ISBE certificate may still meet the IHSA criteria to coach by completing the 3 components offered by Human Kinetics/ASEP (IHSA Coaching Orientation, IHSA By-Law Exam and Sport First Aid)
- Experience: Candidates should have a strong background in competitive water polo as an athlete and/or coach, and should have at least 2 years experience working with teenagers.
- Email resume and references to all:
Principal Dr. Allison Tingwall email@example.com
Assistant Principal Starlett Miles firstname.lastname@example.org
Athletic Director Joe Riley email@example.com
D214 Head Swim Team Coach
Job Title: Head Swim Team Coach (WHAM Swim Team)
Reports to: D214 Community Education Programming Supervisor
Contact: Teresa Palaggi, Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary Schedule: Based on Experience
Supervise daily aquatic activities. Work with supervisor to achieve program goals. Communicate with supervisor day-to-day aquatic updates related to practices, parent concerns, competition and other matters.
Must be in attendance and on deck at all practices
Develop practice drills for age groups
Develop coach practice schedule
Supervise Lead Coaches
Insure the safety and security of pool area
Supervise the appropriate usage and care of equipment
Coordinate pool usage with facility aquatics director
Communicate with parents regarding program information, program updates, meet information, progress of athletes and program and student questions/concerns
Assist as needed in other age groups to insure program goals are being met
Act as Lead Coach for 13 and older age group
Must be in attendance and on deck for all competitions
Create competition schedule
Coordinate competition logistics with other teams
Create lineup and manage “Hy-Tek” database
Coordinate and distribute information, awards, etc.
Knowledge of Colorado Time Systems and Meet Manager helpful
With Programming Supervisor interview potential coaches
Research and provide staff development opportunities for coaching staff
Research and implement best practices for Age Group program development
Cooperate with Community Ed staff regarding necessary administrative tasks
- Previous experience coaching a competitive swim team
- Strong swimming background a plus
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions
- Ability to address complaints and resolve concerns as needed.
- Ability to teach required skills.
- Demonstrate promptness and advanced preparation.
- Passion for working with adults and/or K-12 students
- Ability to communicate and deal effectively with others
- Ability to plan, organize and teach